Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So

I'm listening to music and this song comes on.
Cave in by Owl City
And I'm all, "HEY I REMEMBER THIS SONG"

Because! I wrote a paper revolving around the meaning of this song and how it connected to how I learned a lesson the hard way.

I decided to explain this whole entire paper just for you because I think it was genius.

So! I had to write a paper on learning a lesson the hard way for my AP Language class. Anyway, I chose how I learned to be a better driver after totalling my car -____-

Anyway, after explaining how I'd pay better attention and whatnot, I decided to throw a curveball into the paper to see if it would get me an A.

I began quoting lines from this song and how it connected to the accident, considering it was the song I remember was playing while going up to and during the accident.

Lines such as
"Swallow a drop of gravel and blacktop
'Cause the road tastes like wintergreen
The wind and the rain smell of oil and octane
Mixed with stale gasoline"
And
"Get me out of this cavern, or I'll cave in" -pertaining to the aftereffects of crashing my car and wanting to die, lol.

Isn't this awesome? I thought so. I believe I got an 8 on this paper, which is like a 94.
Yeaaaah, sucka:)

Such a random burst of something to write about...

Oh well, life goes on I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment